Our club is a Not-for-Profit organization (501-C4) affiliated with the American Kennel Club. We sponsor and organize dog shows and trials that are AKC approved. If your dog is registered as a purebred or has an AKC PAL/ILP registration number it can participate in most of those events. For more information about AKC visit their website at www.akc.org
- To advance and protect the interests of all breeds of purebred dogs and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at the dogs shows and trials.
- To help educate its members and the dog owning public about responsible dog ownership.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows, obedience trials, and agility trials under the rules and regulations of the American Kennel Club.
We have four classifications for membership:
- The Full member has all the benefits and responsibilities of holding office, voting and working to ensure that our events are properly conducted. Before you can submit an application for membership in the club, we require participation in club activities and attendance at two (2) monthly meetings.
- The Family membership is similar to the Full membership where two or more persons are of the same household. All members of a family enjoy all club privileges except only three of those family members, 18 years or older, have the right to vote and hold office.
- The Junior Member shall be limited to persons under eighteen years of age. A junior member is entitled to all the privileges of membership except that he/she may not vote or hold office..
- The Associate membership is for the individual who lives outside a 50 mile radius of Helena Montana and unable to attend the monthly meetings or work at our events.
For information on how to become a member please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click
below to print an application. Note there are two documents.
If you are already a member of the HMKC, please fill out this form and mail to HMKC PO Box 415 Helena. (DO NOT put it in the secretary's box in the training building)
President - Barb Delaney
Vice President - Nancy Nicholson
Secretary - Laurie Welty
Treasurer - Jeanine Blaner
Board of Directors: Marsha Rae South
Our Mailing Address:
Helena Montana Kennel Club
P.O. Box 415
Helena, MT 59624-0415
Club By-Laws are UNDER CONSTRUCTION
View our By-Laws.
View Our Newsletters Here
View Deposit form